Big Idea: Calling is about WHO you are before WHAT you do.
Icebreaker: When you were a kid, what did you think your calling was?
Ephesians 4:1; 2 Timothy 1:9; Colossians 3:17; Mark 10:35-37; 11:1-3
- Do you normally give much thought to your calling? Why or why not?
- It was emphasized that calling is about who you are becoming...being set apart (holy). Why is this more important than what you do in your "calling"?
- Read Ephesians 4:1. What stands out to you in these verses? How important is it to know your calling?
- What are some small and large ways God might be calling you to be faithful?
- How can you be faithful to God's calling this week?
Father, thank you for calling each of us. You've gifted us all with so many unique ways to serve you. Help us to recognize the gifts you've given us and faithfully follow your calling when you give us opportunities to use them. In Jesus' name, amen.