Does life have a purpose?
BIG IDEA: Our purpose is to pursue God and enjoy Him forever.
ICEBREAKER: Have you known a person that seems to know who they are, what they want to do…what they were created for? Describe that person.
Ecclesiastes 1:2,16-17; 2:4-6,8,10; 12:13-14; Matthew 6:33
- It was mentioned in the message that a lot of people push back on searching for purpose. Why do you think there is a push back?
- Read Ecclesiastes 1:2. Knowing that “meaningless” means “vapor”, how does that change your view of the verse? How does it change the way you feel about it?
- Knowing that culture chases: 1) knowledge & wisdom, 2) accomplishments, 3) pleasure, 4) wealth…which have you chased in the past? How did it turn out?
- What about now…what are you chasing now for purpose?
- Read Matthew 6:33. What do you think it looks like to “seek first the kingdom of God”? Do you think God is asking you to make changes in what you’re chasing?
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us a purpose for our lives. Help us to better understand our purpose and to live it out. In Jesus’ name, amen.