Why believe there is a God?
BIG IDEA: We can see God; when we look at the signposts around us.
ICEBREAKER: What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen…not including your significant other?:-) How did you respond when you saw it?
Ecclesiastes 3:11, 19; Psalm 19:1; Romans 1:20; 2:15; 12:4-5; John 6:47
- Humans alone are able to recognize beauty. Do you think that ability was by design? If so, why?
- Read Psalm 19:1. What stands out to you from this verse? What do the verbs indicate in this verse?
- Read Romans 1:20. What stands out to you from this verse? What does the verb indicate in this verse? What does it tell you about the time-frame?
- Read Romans 2:15a. What stands out to you from this verse? How is this evidence of God’s existence?
- If God exists, then what does that mean for you and me? Should it change the way we live? If so, how?
Heavenly Father, thank You for revealing Yourself to us in so many ways. You want to be known. You do not hide or conceal Yourself so that we can know You and have a relationship with You. Help us to see You more clearly as we live our lives according to your plan. In Jesus’ name, amen.