BIG IDEA: God’s power, timing, purpose, and love are perfect.
ICEBREAKER: Talk about what you did this summer…what was your most enjoyable moment or memory?
Job 1:1-3, 14-22; 2:7-10; 2 Corinthians 12:9; Ecclesiastes 3:1; Psalm 138:8
- When has the question of “Why does God allow pain and suffering?” come up in your life?
- Read Job 1:1-5. What stands out to you about Job…specifically from verse 5?
- Read Job 1:6-22. If you were God, why would you allow Satan to do what he did to Job? If God knew that Job could handle (1 Corinthians 10:13) the pain and suffering, do you think that God allowed it to show us, as an example, of how to endure through pain and suffering?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:7-9. Do these verses change your view of weakness? How?
- How can our group pray for you?
Heavenly Father, thank You for never giving us more than we can handle. Your word says that You will always provide a way through our pain and suffering. Help us to see Your way, to have endurance, to reveal Your glory in our weakness. In Jesus’ name, amen.