Big Idea: Who do you say Jesus is?
Icebreaker: What is something that you’ve done that was risky that another person got you to do? Why did you end up doing it?
Mark 1:22, 34a; 2:10-11; 4:41; 8:27-29; 14:61b-64; 15:37; 16:6-7
- What signs do you look for in deciding whether or not you can trust somebody?
- Read Mark 1:22. Is this verse important for you to trust Jesus? Why or why not?
- Read Mark 1:34. Is this verse important for you to trust Jesus? Why or why not?
- Read Mark 2:10-11. Are these verses important for you to trust Jesus? Why or why not?
- Read Mark 8:27-29. Why do you think Jesus asks these questions of his followers? How do your answers to these questions impact your life?
Heavenly Father, thank You for bringing Jesus to show us who You are in the flesh. Thank You too for showing us so many ways in which He was so different from the rest of creation, yet identified with our experience in the flesh. We recognize our need to definitively claim who Jesus really is. We also recognize that our sin nature clouds our ability to see him perfectly. We ask You to help us to see Him more clearly, that we would be conformed to His image. In Jesus’ name, amen.