Big Idea: The Bible is beautiful truth that is relevant to my life.
Icebreaker: What is the last book you read? Did you like it? Would you recommend it?
Genesis 15:1; Psalm 33:6; Luke 11:28; Acts 18:11; John 1:1,14; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 3:16
- What things do you read or listen to on a regular basis? How do they affect you?
- Read John 1:1,14. Do you think that it is important that Jesus is referred to as "the Word" in these verses? If yes...why?
- John 1:14 refers to Jesus coming in flesh and dwelling among us. Without the bible, we would not know this fact. Why is seeing Jesus in the text of the bible so important?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Talk about the different transformative phases that scripture brings to a person. How and why is each phase important?
- Do you struggle with spending time reading the bible?Would you like to read it more? What is your plan?
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us the scriptures. Thank you for the transforming power they have to help us to be more like Jesus. We ask for Your help to be more “hungry” to be in Your word. In Jesus’ name, amen.