Big Idea: YES!
Icebreaker: What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Anybody doing anything special or the same as every year?
Romans 3:9-24; 15:7; 2 Corinthians 5:21; John 3:16; 8:36; 1 John 1:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34; Acts 1:8; 2:38,42; 10:34; 16:31
- Read Romans 3:23. Is this verse encouraging or discouraging to you? Explain...
- Read Romans 3:24. Why do you think Paul put verse 23 & 24 together? How important is it that we understand our standing before God so that we can pursue knowing Him personally?
- What things do you do to get to know a person? Can you do those same things with God? What keeps you from getting to know God?
- Read Jeremiah 31:33-34. What stands out to you in these verses? How important is the ending 'For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more' in developing a relationship with God? Why is it important?
- What things do you need to do this week to improve your relationship with God?
Heavenly Father, thank You for wanting a personal relationship with each one of us. Help us to desire to know You more and to learn to draw nearer to You. In Jesus' name, amen.