Big Idea: Gratitude should be our response to God's faithfulness.
Icebreaker: Name one thing you are grateful for and why?
Luke 17:11-19; 18:14b; 22:17,19; 1 Thessalonians 5:18; Psalm 71:22-23; Colossians 3:17
- Do you know someone who is by nature "grateful"? Describe that person...how they show gratefulness, their attitude, their mindset. Do you like them? Why or why not?
- In the message it was said that being "thankful" is internal where being "grateful" is external. Do you find it difficult or easy to express gatitude towards someone? Explain...
- Read Luke 17:11-16a. What stands out to you in these verses? Why do you think the man falls on his face/to the ground in verse 16? Do you think gratefulness can be a form of worship? If so, why do you think that is?
- Read Luke 17:16b-19. In these verses, Jesus connects gratitude with "giving glory to God". How important do you think gratitude is then? Why?
- What things can you do to keep yourself in a mindset of gratitude?
Heavenly Father, we are grateful for Your faithfulness. As we seek to increase our attitude of gratefulness, help us to see Your presence in our lives and to know how much You love us. In Jesus' name, amen.